Paul Grod is President of the Ukrainian World Congress (UWC). He served as its Vice President for 10 years prior to his election in November 2018. During that time Paul Grod was responsible for many key initiatives and chaired a number of committees and projects including several international election observation missions to Ukraine and UWC’s Council in Support of Ukraine, among others.
Professionally, Paul Grod is a lawyer and business leader. He is President & CEO of Rodan Energy Solutions, a leading North American energy management company. Prior to founding Rodan Energy Solutions, Paul was a corporate and investment banker with CIBC World Markets and a lawyer with Gowling WLG, a leading global law firm where he practiced corporate finance and M&A law.
Paul Grod is past-President of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress, which coordinates and represents the interests of one of Canada’s largest ethnocultural communities (1.4 million).
Paul Grod is a recipient of many awards and recognitions, including:
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal in recognition for his significant contributions and achievements in service to Canada;
- Ukraine’s 25th Anniversary Jubilee Medal – awarded personally by the President of Ukraine for his significant personal contribution to strengthening the international authority of Ukraine, promoting its history, heritage and contemporary achievements;
- Shevchenko Medal of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress for outstanding contribution to the development of the Ukrainian Canadian community;
- Top 100 (#21) people influencing Canada’s global future by Embassy Magazine & Hill Times’ Power and Influence magazine;
- One of 13 Canadians (only non-government official) sanctioned by Russian President Vladimir Putin and barred from entering Russia
Paul Grod is a member of the Law Society of Ontario and holds Bachelor of Political Science, Bachelor of Laws, and Master of Business Administration degrees. Paul is married and has four children.