UWC leadership meets with Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Dmyto Razumkov
On August 25, the Ukrainian World Council leadership met with the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Dmytro Razumkov. The UWC was represented by President Paul Grod, Vice President and Head of Operations Zenon Potoczny, UWC Vice President and Chair of the UWC Economic Prosperity and Investment Committee Lenna Koszarny, and representatives of the UWC Kyiv and Toronto Offices.
During the meeting, the parties discussed a number of issues, which are important to the Ukrainian diaspora:
- Improving the legislation on diaspora;
- Further progress of the European integration of Ukraine and the path of reforms at the legislative level;
- Development of Ukrainian legislation in the humanitarian sphere;
- Development of interparliamentary ties in terms of implementing the Crimea Platform initiative;
- Development of youth exchanges, including internship program for Ukrainian diaspora youth in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
The Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada noted that these issues were important for the development of Ukraine and were high on the Ukrainian parliament’s agenda. In his turn, Paul Grod, the UWC President, stressed on the importance of implementing legislative changes that directly affect the interests of the diaspora.