UWC motto and historical dates in 2018
The Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) calls upon the global Ukrainian diaspora to further its activities in 2018 under the motto:
Strengthening Ukrainian statehood for a brighter future!
The UWC calls upon the global Ukrainian diaspora to commemorate:
100 years of Modern Ukrainian Statehood
The UWC also calls to commemorate the following historical dates:
– 100th anniversary of the Battle of Kruty;
– 100th anniversary of the Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus of North America;
– 85th anniversary of the Holodomor-genocide of the Ukrainian people;
– 80th anniversary of the birth of renowned Ukrainian poet Vasyl Stus; and
– 25th anniversary of the passing of Patriarch Mstyslav, first Patriarch of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church Kyiv Patriarchate.