2020 Canada Summer Jobs Opportunity
The Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) is excited to announce a summer Administrative Assistant position open in Toronto, Ontario. This position is available thanks to the support of the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Provide general office administrative support, including scheduling meetings/online events and responding to general public inquiries;
- Draft reports, meeting minutes and presentations, conduct research as assigned (online primarily);
- Assist in preparing and distributing communications materials for Ukrainian communities and organizations.
- Strong organizational & customer service skills, basic office management knowledge;
- Experience working with community organizations and individuals
- Excellent computer skills & MS Office proficiency;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian.
Employment is from June to August, 8 weeks, $ 15 per hour
Application Deadline – June 18, 2020
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs program, youth must:
– be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*
– be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**;
– have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
**International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. Youth awaiting a refugee status ruling, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, youth visa or work visa are ineligible. As the objective of Canada Summer Jobs program is to support youth entering the Canadian labour market, the temporary nature of an international student’s time in Canada does not allow for a long-term connection to the labour market.
The UWC will strictly follow all public health guidelines and directives from federal, provincial and local authorities in implementing the Canada Summer Jobs program.
This year all Canada Summer Job positions are available in the Canada Jobs Bank. We would encourage eligible applicants to search through the many Ukrainian Canadian community organizations which have received funding by reviewing the list here.