First Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine Stepan Kubiv to deliver keynote address during UWC Inaugural Economic Forum
On August 25, 2017 First Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine Stepan Kubiv will deliver the keynote address during the Inaugural Economic Forum “Supporting the Economic Development of Ukraine: cooperation between Government and the diaspora”, which is being organized by the Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce and Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce. This by invitation only event will enable the 140 delegates to the UWC Annual General Meeting from 26 countries, as well as distinguished guests to interact with key Ukrainian government officials and business representatives regarding Ukraine’s economy, export potential and investment environment.
The Forum will also include an opening address by UWC President Eugene Czolij and welcoming remarks by Ambassador of the United States to Ukraine Marie L. Yovanovitch, and Ambassador of Canada to Ukraine Roman Waschuk.
The panel discussions will address two topics: “Furthering Ukrainian export and trade representation in key markets” and “Increasing foreign investment in Ukraine”, and feature a range of high-level speakers from both the public and private sectors.
UWC is delighted to welcome all of the distinguished panelists, including:
- Oksana Markarova, First Deputy Minister of Finance of Ukraine;
- Nataliya Mykolska, Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade, Trade Representative of Ukraine;
- Vadym Prystaiko, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- Dmytro Shymkiv, Deputy Head of the Administration of the President of Ukraine;
- Hanna Hopko, Head, Verkhovna Rada Committee on Foreign Affairs;
- Daniel Bilak, Chief Investment Adviser to the Prime Minister of Ukraine, Director, UkraineInvest;
- Yulia Kovaliv, Head of the Office of the National Investment Council of Ukraine;
- Paul Grod, UWC Vice President, Chair of the UWC Coordinating Committee in Support of Ukraine and President, Ukrainian Canadian Congress;
- Stefan Romaniw, UWC Secretary General and Chairman of the Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations;
- Olena Koszarny, Chair of the UWC Committee in Support of the Economic Development of Ukraine;
- Zenon Potichny, UWC Treasurer and President, Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce (CUCC);
- Andy Hunder, President, American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (ACC);
- Maryana Kahanyak, Director, Export Promotion Office of Ukraine;
- Oleksandr Konotopskyi, Founder and CEO, Ajax Systems;
- Dmytro Kostyk, Founder and CEO, Kodisoft.
The Inaugural Economic Forum will be held on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the UWC in conjunction with the UWC Annual General Meeting taking place on 25-26 August in Kyiv.
In 2016, the UWC created the Committee in Support of the Economic Development of Ukraine led by UWC Vice President Olena Koszarny and which coordinates the efforts of the Ukrainian diaspora in engaging the international community in support of reforms and furthering the economic development of Ukraine on the international level.