Panel Discussion: NATO at the Forefront. Why Ukraine matters for Euro-Atlantic security?
On June 9, 2021, in advance of the NATO Summit of Allied leaders in Brussels, the Ukrainian World Congress held a high profile panel discussion entitled, “NATO at the Forefront. Why Ukraine matters for Euro-Atlantic security?”
Government officials, parliamentarians, prominent defence and foreign diplomacy experts discussed NATO’s “Open Door” policy, challenges that the Alliance faces today in connection with the growing acts of aggression of Russia in NATO member and partner states, the gains of Ukraine on its path of reforms, the Eastern European states’ experience of NATO integration and the most important question: when will Ukraine finally get NATO Membership Action Plan?
- Paul Grod – UWC President
- Olha Stefanishyna – Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine
- Yehor Cherniev – Head of Ukraine’s Delegation, NATO Parliamentary Assembly
- Emine Dzhaparova – First Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- Linas Linkevičius – former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Lithuania
- Kurt Volker – former U.S. ambassador to NATO, former U.S. Special Representative Special Envoy for Ukraine
- Jill Sinclair – Canadian Representative to the Ukraine Defence Reform Advisory Board
Michael Sawkiw, Jr., Executive Vice President of the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America (UCCA) and Director of its Washington, DC bureau – the Ukrainian National Information Service (UNIS) moderated the event.
Watch video of the panel here: https://bit.ly/3g8RJbn