Community Engagement Associate *
UWC is looking for a Community Engagement Associate to help strengthen and develop relationships with various community stakeholders and donors, enhance engagement opportunities, support UWC community and donor mobilization, as well as fundraising activities.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and working closely with the VP Development & Fundraising, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of community engagement and fundraising activities, including developing action plans, designing campaigns and marketing materials, running stewardship and recognition programs, assisting with database management and special events. The Community Engagement Associate will possess excellent communication and organization skills, as well as exceptional customer focus. The applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada or the USA, and will be able to work remotely.
- Jointly with the Executive Director and VP Development, design and implement an annual fundraising action plan according to the targets & approved budget
- Plan, develop, execute community & donor mobilization campaigns, including annual giving, digital fundraising and more
- Plan, manage and deliver special events
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the development database, and compliance to relevant tax authorities guidance
- Draft and coordinate fundraising communications and mailings
- Coordinate various donor recognition and stewardship activities
- Experience in community engagement/fundraising and/or customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with superior organizational skills
- Computer literacy required (i.e. Microsoft Office), experience with Donor Management databases an important asset. Ability to learn new software quickly a bonus!
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
- Fluency in Ukrainian language an important asset
- Experience in volunteer (or paid) work in Ukrainian community organizations an important asset
- a competitive remuneration package.
- a dynamic and truly global working environment.
- meaningful work with lots of opportunities to develop world-class skills.
- a unique culture of people turning their strong faith in Ukraine’s future into action.
The applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada or the USA. Please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations by EOD Dec 11, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.