Ukrainian World Congress is looking for a reliable and customer-focused Office Manager/Bookkeeper to lead day-to-day office administration and full cycle of bookkeeping at UWC Head Office in Toronto.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing collaborative team at a dynamic international non-profit organization. This is a permanent full-time in-office position in Toronto, with some remote working options possible (in line with public health guidance).
- Office Administration, Database Management and Record Keeping
- Financial Record Management, Reporting and Payroll Administration
- Calendar Management & Scheduling Assistance
- Provide general office administrative support to the Ukrainian World Congress and Ukrainian World Foundation, including filing, answering customer inquiries, mailing correspondence
- Manage office equipment/stationery procurement, liaise with office property management and suppliers, ensure adherence to safety and hygiene office best practices
- Maintain calendars, schedule appointments, prepare materials/reports for meetings (including for Board meetings, Annual General Meeting etc), assist with community event organization & management (including virtual events)
- Create document templates, produce memos, letters, presentations and meeting minutes as assigned
- Process payroll, accounts payable and receivable, ensure timely payments to suppliers, prepare bank reconciliations
- Manage staff timesheets & vacation records, assist with new staff recruitment and managing summer office interns (as required)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for Executive Director/Board, prepare and submit relevant CRA reports/income tax receipts, prepare documents for UWC Chartered Accountant and Audit Committee
- Manage and maintain UWC databases and legal records, timely enter and update customer/donor data
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years experience in office administration and/or bookkeeping
- In-depth knowledge of Quick Books Pro, experience with QuickBooks Non Profit an asset
- Minimum 2 years payroll processing experience (Canada)
- CRM (ie Zoho, DonorPerfect) experience advantageous
- Advanced MS Office Suite proficiency (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and OneDrive). The ability to learn new software quickly is a plus!
- Advanced English and Ukrainian language proficiency (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and outstanding customer focus
- Ability to problem solve, multitask and work independently
- Non-profit experience (volunteer or paid) an asset, previous engagement in the Ukrainian Canadian community an asset
- Business Administration/Bookkeeping Program Diploma/Certificate is advantageous
- Customer service background and experience an asset
- a competitive remuneration package
- a collaborative and flexible working environment
- meaningful work with lots of opportunities to develop world-class skills
- a unique culture of people turning their strong faith in Ukraine’s future into action
The applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Please send your CV, cover letter (in English and in Ukrainian), and salary expectations before November 17, 2021, to [email protected]. Please indicate the position title in the subject line. Please note that only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.