Fund Development Manager
Are you a natural relationship-builder with expertise in fundraising or marketing & communications? Are you excited about leading the Annual Giving, Major Gifts and Stewardship Programs at a unique global non-profit organization? Do you enjoy cultivating connections, building partnerships and making a difference in your community? If so, this is the place for you!
UWC is looking for a passionate, strategic and innovative Fund Development Manager to strengthen community engagement and donor relationships, as well as secure philanthropic commitments from individuals, foundations and corporations. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the VP Development & Fundraising, the successful candidate will nurture meaningful relationships with existing and prospective donors, develop fundraising plans, design campaigns and marketing materials, manage the donor database and assist with special events.
The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada or the USA, able to work remotely with occasional travel required (in full compliance with relevant public health guidelines and directives from authorities)..
- Jointly with the Executive Director and VP Development, design and implement a comprehensive fund development plan (including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, special events, stewardship) to enhance donor relations and deliver annual revenue targets
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, steward and solicit a portfolio of major donor prospects (corporate, foundations, individuals)
- Coordinate with key staff and volunteers to deepen stakeholder relationships and advance overall fund development goals
- Plan, manage and deliver fundraising campaigns and events
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the development database, and compliance to relevant tax authorities guidance (Canada/US)
- Draft and coordinate fundraising communications and mailings
- Regularly report to the Board and Executive Director on fundraising progress, challenges and opportunities
This position requires strong leadership skills, system, and strategic thinking, strong project management skills, the ability to understand donor relations, work in fast paced environment to meet ambitious targets and deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree in Fundraising, Business or Communications
- Minimum 5 years experience in fundraising and/or business development/marketing/communications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with superior organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, G-suite etc), experience with Donor Management databases an important asset. Ability to learn new software quickly a bonus!
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
- CFRE designation is not required but considered an asset
- Fluency in Ukrainian language and solid understanding of the Ukrainian communities in North America an important asset
- Experience in volunteer (or paid) work in Ukrainian community organizations an important asset
- a competitive remuneration package.
- a dynamic and truly global working environment.
- meaningful work with lots of opportunities to develop world-class skills.
- a unique culture of people turning their strong faith in Ukraine’s future into action.
The applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada or the USA. Please send your CV, cover letter (in English and in Ukrainian) and salary expectations to [email protected]. Please indicate position title in the subject line. Please note that only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.
Discover diverse and exciting career opportunities with the UWC dynamic global team. We are growing our team and are looking for talented professionals committed to the mission and priorities of the Ukrainian World Congress. Even if there isn’t an open position listed, please forward your resume to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.