Senior Policy Advisor
Are you a motivated policy professional with excellent leadership capabilities ready to take your career to the next level? Consider bringing your enthusiasm, policy analysis skills and experience to our dedicated team of experts at the Ukrainian World Congress (UWC). This is your opportunity to help shape policies and strategies for the global not-for-profit organization delivering real impact for the future of Ukraine and its people.
Based in Kyiv, Ukraine and reporting to UWC Executive Director, the Senior Policy Advisor informs UWC leadership on key policies and trends in Ukraine and globally, advising on relevant linkages to UWC priorities and programmes. The Senior Policy Advisor monitors political, economic and social policy developments, drafts briefing notes, provides advice and input to shape the UWC position. The Senior Policy Advisor leads on stakeholder mapping, works closely with government counterparts and other key stakeholders in Ukraine and internationally to enhance the policy impact of UWC programmes.
- Track the domestic and global policy landscape related to UWC strategic priorities of strengthening Ukraine as a successful democratic state, ending Russian aggression and developing global Ukrainian communities.
- Prepare reports and analysis as required, including quality background research of legislation and policy initiatives making substantive recommendations to advise UWC leadership and define the UWC position on key policy issues.
- Deliver briefing notes, presentations, and reports to support work on diverse high-profile issues, often requiring a quick turnaround.
- Identify emerging issues in Ukraine and globally requiring further monitoring and conduct ongoing assessment of their potential impact on UWC programs and activities worldwide.
- Provide strategic issues management in collaboration with the UWC Leadership by anticipating high profile issues in the media or political domain and formulate or coordinate appropriate responses.
- Build broad-based support of UWC through fostering relationships with key stakeholders in the Ukrainian government, foreign diplomatic missions, international organizations, IFIs, academia and civil society, as well as with UWC leadership, member organizations and offices globally.
- Support the UWC Communications Coordinator on targeted campaigns in support of UWC policy priorities, including contribution to press releases, draft speeches and op-ed pieces as needed.
- Lead on the preparation and delivery of strategic visit programmes for UWC leadership.
- A strong background in Policy Analysis, Government or Public Relations is essential.
- Minimum 8 years of government, international organizations, relevant NGO or legal experience.
- Established working relationships with a wide range of relevant stakeholders in Ukraine and internationally an asset.
- Degree in Foreign Relations, Political Science, Economics or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian.
- Clear and concise oral and written skills are essential. Ability to explain complex issues to diverse audiences.
- Must be a proven self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and adapt to fast-paced and shifting demands.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
- a competitive remuneration package.
- a dynamic and truly global working environment.
- meaningful work with lots of opportunities to develop world-class skills.
- a unique culture of people turning their strong faith in Ukraine’s future into action.
Please submit your CV, cover letter in English and in Ukrainian, along with salary expectations, to email@example.com indicating “Senior Policy Advisor” in the subject line. Please note that only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.