Above: Enemy media is rejoicing over Ukrainian children like these kids from a Donetsk orphanage, taken out of Ukraine for adoption by russians. By international law, it’s considered a type of genocide. (Business Insider)
- Russian sources and proxy officials are flagrantly touting the forced adoption of Ukrainian children into Russian families. Prominent Russian milbloggers began circulating a multi-part documentary series on November 9 featuring several Ukrainian children from Donbas after being adopted into Russian families.
- Ukrainian sources continued to clarify the damage caused by the massive November 15 Russian missile strike across Ukraine. The Ukrainian General Staff stated on November 16 that Russian forces launched over 90 Kh-101 and Kalibr cruise missiles and 11 drones over the course of November 15 and targeted critical infrastructure in a number of oblasts.
- Ukrainian Air Force Command reported that Ukrainian air defense and ground forces shot down 75 missiles and 10 Shahed-136 drones.
- Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin noted on November 16 that the US-provided National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS) had a 100% success rate in intercepting Russian missiles.
- Russian military is reportedly concentrating on expanding training capabilities under the direction of experienced instructors with combat experience. The Russian MoD shared videos of training sessions for men mobilized in Leningrad Oblast, Sakhalin Oblast, Khabarovsk Krai, and in training centers of the Southern Military District.
Above: Atlantic Council
Ukrainian General Staff of the Armed Forces estimated enemy losses for last 24 hours
- Liquidated personnel, 83,110 (+400)
- Tanks, 2,878 (+7)
- Armored personnel vehicles, 5,804 (+7)
- Artillery systems/MLRS, 1,860/393 (0)
- Anti-aircraft warfare systems, 209 (0)
- Aircraft/helicopters, 278/261 (0)
- UAV operational-tactical level, 1,531 (+6)
- Cruise missiles, 474 (0)
- Warships/boats, 16 (0)
- Vehicles and fuel tanks, 4,362 (+2)
- Special equipment, 160 (0)
Above: Ancient center of Lviv without electricity this week. (Aljazeera)
- A rocket attack was made against a civil infrastructure object in the city of Zaporizhzhia.
- The situation in the Volyn and Polissya directions has not changed significantly.
- The enemy shelled in other such directions:
- in the Slobozhansk direction – from artillery of various types, in the areas of the settlements of Strilecha, Hlyboke, Morokhovets, Ternova, Starytsa, Vovchansk, Bilyi Kolodyaz, Bochkove, Mala Vovcha and Komisarove;
- on the Kupyansk and Lyman directions – from artillery of various calibers, in the areas of the settlements of Kislivka, Berestove, Novoselivske, Stelmakhivka, Andriivka, Hrekivka, Makiivka, Nevske, and Terny;
- in the Bakhmut direction – from tanks and the entire range of artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Spirne, Yakovlivka, Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Opytne, Zelenopillia, Kurdyumivka and Ozaryanivka;
- in the Avdiivka direction – from tanks, mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of Kamianka, Avdiivka, Pervomaiske, Nevelske and Maryinka;
- in the Novopavlivsk direction – from artillery of various types, in the areas of the settlements of Vuhledar, Bohoyavlenka, Prechystivka Zolota Nyva;
- in the Zaporizhzhia direction – from mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of settlements of Novopil, Temyrivka, Olhivske, Malynivka, Hulyaipole, Dorozhnyanka, Zaliznychne, Bilohirya and Shcherbaky.
- In the Kherson direction, the settlements of Nikopol and Chervonohrihorivka of the Dnipropetrovsk oblast were directly affected by the fire of barrel and jet artillery.
Above: Ukrainian National Guard fire on invader positions in Kharkiv Oblast. (Fox News)
- Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces continued counteroffensive operations in the directions of Svatove and Kreminna on November 16.
- A BARS-13 (Russian Combat Reserve) source cited a Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR) People’s Militia officer who claimed that Ukrainian forces launched an offensive along the entire line from Popasna, Luhansk Oblast to Kharkiv Oblast and are accumulating tank groups near the line of contact.
- Geolocated footage posted on November 16 shows Ukrainian forces purportedly striking Russian positions in Bilourakyne north of Starobilsk.
- The Ukrainian General Staff reported that a November 15 Ukrainian strike on Russian concentrations near Denezhnykove (between Starobilsk and Luhansk City) killed and wounded at least 50 Russian military personnel.
Above: Sapers demining residential areas around Lyman, Donetsk. (Euronews)
- Russian forces continued ground assaults near Bakhmut and Avdiivka on November 16. The Ukrainian General Staff reported that Ukrainian forces repelled Russian ground attacks northeast of Bakhmut near Bilohorivka and Vesele, and south of Bakhmut near Kurdiumivka.
- A Russian source posted footage of Wagner Group forces attacking fortified Ukrainian positions on the southeastern outskirts of Bakhmut.
- The Ukrainian General Staff reported that half of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) 1st Horlivka Battalion were dead or wounded following the battle for Mayorsk (south of Bakhmut) and suffered low morale, prompting DNR leadership to disband the unit.
- Multiple reports indicate that the morale and psychological state of Russian forces in the Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts are exceedingly low. Significant losses on the battlefield, mobilization to the front lines without proper training, and poor supplies have led to cases of desertion.
- The independent Russian media outlet ASTRA reported that Russian authorities are holding about 300 Russian mobilized men in a basement in Zaitseve, Luhansk Oblast, for refusing to return to the front lines.
- The Ukrainian Resistance Center reported that Russia is preparing for the mobilization of Russian passport holders in the southern occupied territories after being unable to find volunteers and stated that Russian occupation authorities mobilized 70% of the communal workers in Makiivka and Donetsk City in the Donetsk Oblast.
Above: Kherson residents, without municipal water supply, get water from the Dnipro River. (Aljazeera)
- Ukraine’s Operational Command South reported that Russian forces continued to equip fortifications and defensive positions and conducted defensive operations along the left bank of the Dnipro River.
- Ukraine’s Operational Command South stated that Ukrainian forces conducted over 50 artillery strikes against Russian positions on the left bank of the Dnipro River on November 15, destroying two Russian ammunition depots in Nova Kakhovka and Oleshky, injuring 17 personnel, and damaging 15 armored vehicles.
- Geolocated imagery posted on November 15-16 shows that Russian forces are building secondary defensive lines along a canal near Armyansk, Crimea.
- Multiple Russian media outlets reported that Russian officials detained Kherson Oblast occupation deputy head Ekaterina Gubareva, who previously served as a Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) foreign minister and later a DNR parliament member, for unspecified economic crimes.
- Ukrainian Mayor of Enerhodar, Zaporizhia Oblast, Dmytro Orlov also reported that Russian occupation authorities constantly hold Enerhodar residents captive and noted that at least 70 residents are in Russian captivity as of November 15.