Above: Photo via Euronews
- Russian President Vladimir Putin’s announced “partial mobilization” will not materially affect the course of the war in the coming months.
- Putin did not explicitly threaten to use nuclear weapons if Ukraine continues counter-offensive operations to liberate occupied areas after Russian annexation.
- Russian federal subjects (regions) are continuing crypto-mobilization efforts regardless of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s declaration of partial mobilization.
- Russian-appointed occupation administrators are likely increasing law enforcement and filtration measures in occupied areas of Ukraine in preparation for Russia’s sham annexation referenda.
- 55510 (+400) Liquidated personnel
- 2236 (+9) Tanks
- 4776 (+28) Armored personnel vehicles
- 1341/318 (+1/0) Artillery systems/MLRS
- 168 (+1) Anti-aircraft warfare systems
- 253/218 (+0/1) Aircraft/helicopters
- 941 (+9) UAV operational-tactical level
- 240 (+1) Cruise missiles
- 15 Warships/boats
- 3630 (+20) Vehicles and fuel tanks
- 125 Special equipment
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Daily Video Briefing – Day 210:
Above: Photo via New York Times
- During the current day, the russian occupiers launched 7 missile and 20 air strikes, carried out more than 15 MLRS shillings on military and civilian objects on the territory of Ukraine, violating the norms of international humanitarian law, laws and customs of warfare.
- As a result of the terrorist actions of the russian troops, the infrastructure of more than 20 settlements was damaged during the current day. Among them are Slovyansk, Siversk, Soledar, Bakhmut, Vuhledar, Stepne, Nikopol and Ochakiv. In the settlement of Pechenihy, the occupiers tried to destroy the dam of the Pechenihy War Reservoir, but were unsuccessful.
- The threat of air and missile strikes by the enemy on the entire territory of Ukraine remains.
- In other directions, the enemy fired from tanks, mortars, and artillery of various calibers:
- in the Siversky direction – in the areas of settlements Mykhayilove and Huta Studenetska of Chernihiv oblast and Novovasylivka and Ryasne of Sumy oblast;
- in the Slobozhanskyi direction – in the areas of Kozacha Lopan, Strelecha, Hlyboke, Derhachi, Fiholivka, Dvorichna, Shevchenkive, Kupyansk and Kamianka settlements;
- in the Kramatorsk direction – Yarova, Pryshyb, Donetske, Serebryanka, Shchurove, Raihorodok, Ozerne, Kryva Luka, Mykolaivka, Siversk, Ivano-Daryivka, Rozdolivka, Oleksandrivka and Hryhorivka;
- in the Bakhmut region – Verkhnyokamianske, Vyimka, Spirne, Vesele, Bilohorivka, Yakovlivka, Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Vesela Dolyna, Odradivka, Mykolaivka Druha, Zaitseve, Mayorsk and New York;
- in the Avdiyivka direction – Krasnohorivka, Maryinka, Novomykhailivka, Pervomaiske;
- in the Zaporizhzhya oblast – Novosilka, Novopil, Vremivka, Velyka Novosilka, Vuhledar, Novomayorske, Zaliznychne, Hulyaipole, Malynivka, Chervone, Dorozhnianka, Mali Shcherbaki, Mala Tokmachka and Kamianske.
- More than 25 settlements were shelled by the enemy in the South Buh direction. In particular, Vysokopillya, Myrolyubivka, Novohryhorivka, Bilohirka, Blahodativka, Shyroke, Zorya, Shevchenkove, Ternovi Pody, Pravdyne, Myrne and Oleksandrivka.
- The Ukrainian General Staff reported that Ukrainian troops repelled an attempted Russian attack near Kupyansk, eastern Kharkiv Oblast, along the Oskil River. This report indicates that Russian troops are likely engaged in limited attempts to threaten newly recaptured Ukrainian positions along the right bank of the Oskil River.
- Ukrainian forces likely continued offensive operations around Lyman.
- Russian forces continued ground attacks on the eastern outskirts of Bakhmut and against Avdiivka and continued routine fire along the frontline in Donetsk Oblast on September 21. The Ukrainian General Staff reported that Ukrainian forces repelled Russian attacks against Vesele, just northeast of Soledar; Zaitseve and Kurdyumivka, south of Bakhmut; and Bakhmutske, northeast of Bakhmut.
- As a result of the successful actions of units of the Defense Forces in the Bakhmut and Avdiyivka directions, the enemy continues to suffer significant losses. Medical facilities in the city of Horlivka are full of seriously wounded servicemen of the occupation forces. In addition, two large trucks with the bodies of dead persons from the 1st Army Corps of the Armed Forces of the russian federation were moved from the territory of the Kherson oblast to the temporarily occupied territory of the Donetsk oblast. The quantity is being specified.
- Units of the Defense Forces repelled enemy attacks in the areas of the settlements of Vesele, Kurdyumivka, Mykolayivka Druha, Zaitseve, Mayorsk, Pervomayiske, Maryinka, and Novomykhayilivka.
- During the current day, in order to support the actions of ground groups, the aviation of the Defense Forces hit 12 areas of concentration of enemy manpower and military equipment and one position of an anti-aircraft missile system. In addition, our air defense units destroyed one enemy UAV.
- Missile troops and artillery during the current day inflicted fire damage on 30 enemy objects. In particular, in 17 areas of concentration of personnel, weapons and military equipment, 10 areas of concentration of artillery, as well as 3 warehouses of ammunition. The total losses of the enemy are being clarified.
- Ukrainian military officials maintained operational silence regarding Ukrainian ground attacks in Kherson Oblast on September 21 and reiterated that Ukrainian forces are conducting an operational-level interdiction campaign in Kherson Oblast. Ukraine’s Southern Operational Command and the Ukrainian General Staff both noted that Ukrainian strikes targeted Russian equipment, logistics, transportation, and command and control assets in southern Ukraine throughout the day.
- Ukrainian forces conducted strikes north and east of Kherson City as part of an operational-level interdiction campaign against Russian logistics, military, and transportation assets in Kherson Oblast.
- Ukrainian and Russian sources identified three areas of kinetic activity on September 21: northwest of Kherson City, near the Ukrainian bridgehead over the Inhulets River, and south of the Kherson-Dnipropetrovsk Oblast border around Vysokopillya.
WSJ: After six months of war in Ukraine, momentum tilts against Russia
August 24,2022 1607
UWC Files Legal Action to Stop Return of Turbine to Russia
July 12,2022 553
The Globe and Mail: “Retired general Rick Hillier presses Ottawa to send more military gear to Ukraine”
April 15,2022 507
Ukraine war insights by Austrian military analyst Tom Cooper
August 18,2022 392
Ukraine warns: wearing Z-swastikas is a health hazard
July 12,2022 316