The Executive Committee of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has made a statement about its readiness to allow Russian and Belarusan athletes to compete at the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris.
Such a blatant declaration cannot remain unattended; we must strongly oppose the IOC’s intentions to allow citizens of Russia and Belarus to participate in the Olympics.
At the request of the Government of Ukraine and the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine, we are asking you to take URGENT advocacy measures. We are making advocacy materials available to use in your country.
Proposed advocacy activities include:
- Letters to National Olympic Committees and Federations of individual sports;
- Letters to the Ministries of Sports in your countries;
- Letter to the International Olympic Committee;
- Expressing a position in meetings with politicians and mass media (you can coordinate your rallies with the diplomatic missions of Ukraine in your countries).
We provide materials to promote your advocacy activities:
- Template of the letter to the IOC;
- Additional explanations/suggestions, materials, links;
- List of athletes killed as a result of Russian aggression on Ukraine;
- List of coaches killed as a result of Russian aggression on Ukraine;
- Ukrainian polar explorers’ statement;
- Letters from the Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations, the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America, and the Ukrainian Canadian Congress.
You can download these materials at the link: https://cutt.ly/f3lhAiH
Links to the proposed video materials https://fex.net/ru/s/on5bfo0