The Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated leader with a broad set of skills and experience to lead UWC’s operations, including managing a global staff and volunteer-led committees as well as developing and implementing international government relations and community development work plans in collaboration with the Board and Executive Committee. The Executive Director (ED) is a proven leader and manager with international experience, that can successfully advocate and advance UWC’s strategic priorities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Execute the mission and vision of the UWC
- Represent and advocate the UWC’s position to all stakeholders around the world, including governments, civil society and donors
- Ensure the UWC’s operations are fully funded, properly staffed and budget is managed responsibly
- Develop and execute on the work plans and programming established in cooperation with the Board and its committees
- Lead a global team of professionals, including UWC head office in Toronto and Missions in Kyiv, New York & Brussels. Support the work of UWC Foundations in Canada, US & Ukraine.
- Demonstrated skills in managing staff, boards, committees and volunteers
- Solid understanding of Ukrainian communities around the world, geopolitics, international organizations & the current situation in Ukraine
- Strong operational, financial and board management capabilities
- Policy development in cooperation with key stakeholders
- Considerable experience in managing organizational relationships, community development, fundraising and communication to diverse audiences, including government advocacy
- Excellent communication skills in both Ukrainian and English, including public speaking
- Experience with not-for-profit goverance and risk management
- Post secondary education and a willingness to travel internationally, including Ukraine.
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter in both English and Ukrainian by e-mail only with ED Posting in the subject line to [email protected]. All applications will be held in the strictest confidence. We thank all candidates who wish to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications must be received by January 30, 2024.To apply