The Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) is seeking a Financial Manager as it grows its team in response to the expanded need for support of Ukraine and Ukrainians around the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for financial management and reporting of the organization. In addition, they will be responsible for ensuring that the operations of the organization support the financial needs and controls of the institution. The position will ensure outstanding delivery of service to departments, employees and Board while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with regulations. It will help set and operationalize UWC’s strategic goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing/managing system of financial/operational controls
- Accounting Operations
- Financial Accounting, Reporting and Analysis
- Budget development and planning
- Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Banking Relationships and other treasury-related functions including cash flow
- Oversight of payroll and vendor management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of progressive experience
- Working manager with a demonstrated ability to manage and develop a team responsible for multiple deadlines
- Strong analytical, computer and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite; excellent Excel and QuickBooks skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to compliance and accuracy
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter to by applying online at: [email protected]
Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) – established in 1967, the UWC is the global voice for the 20+ million Ukrainians living in over 60 countries outside Ukraine.
As an international non-governmental organization (NGO), UWC coordinates the activities of Ukrainian communities around the world. UWC educates and advocates to governments, international organizations, media, civil society groups and other stakeholders in support a sovereign, democratic, prosperous, European Ukraine.
With representative offices in Toronto, New York, Brussels, and Kyiv, the UWC is a recognized NGO by the United Nations and the Council of Europe.To apply