UWC Global Call to Action – #SayNOtoPutin
January 10, 2022 – The Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) is calling on the international community to stop Putin’s war on Ukraine. Please join our campaign – #SayNOtoPutin.
Today, Russian President Putin is more emboldened than ever before and has demonstrated his intentions to further invade and destabilize Ukraine – action is needed now! The people of Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Moldova, Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and others are facing serious threats to their national security and sovereignty.
“Putin’s playbook is well known – appeasement will only embolden him,” stated Paul Grod, UWC President. “His imperialistic ambitions are not limited to Russia’s neighborhood as he continues to destabilize democracies around the world.”
The Kremlin’s tactics for rebuilding its empire include:
- Organizing covert coups disguised as Russian and proxy forces recently witnessed in Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova.
- Propping up murderous regimes like Belarus’ President Lukashenko.
- Weaponizing energy to bribe and coerce with the NordStream2 pipeline.
No more deals with Putin! Russia must abide by the international laws and agreements they signed or face serious consequences. Bold actions are required by the international community to stop the Kremlin’s serial violations.
The EuroAtlantic community must end its strategy of appeasement. We call upon the United States and the international community to begin rolling out punishing sanctions and provide strong military and security support to Ukraine – NOW!
Please join our campaign: #SayNOtoPutin!
We call upon the international community to:
- Demand that Putin immediately withdraw Russian troops from Ukraine and its borders
- Stop NordStream2 from becoming operational
- NATO membership action plan and EU membership for Ukraine
- Military and technical assistance to Ukraine
On January 22, 2022, the Ukrainian World Congress is calling for a global rally to “Stop Putin NOW!” It is being held on the Day of Unity of Ukraine, marking its independence and unification in 1919.
Here’s how you can join the global action:
- Organize or join a public rally (in person or virtual)
- Write, call and meet with political leaders and government officials
- Lead awareness campaigns on social media #SayNOtoPutin (infographics and visuals here)
- Publish op-eds in local media (press briefing note prepared by the Ukrainian Canadian Congress about the war in Ukraine)
We need you to act now!